|Rated at||130 lbs. (59 kg)|
|First appearance||Super Punch-Out!! (1985)|
|Rank||Champion of Hong Kong1|
#2 Major Circuit2
Dragon Chan, from Hong Kong, utilizes illegal striking and kicking techniques. He first appeared in the Super Punch-Out!! arcade and later in the SNES game of the same title. His physical appearance is modeled after Bruce Lee, while his name is a reference to Jackie Chan. In the SNES version, he not only kicks, but he also meditates to recover his stamina.
Super Punch-Out!! (1985)Edit
|Rank||Champion of Hong Kong|
Dragon Chan makes his debut in Super Punch-Out!! as the second opponent. During the opening of the fight against him, oriental music is played before the announcer introduces Dragon Chan. He's a very special opponent as he's the only opponent that breaks the rules by kicking the player during a fight. He sometimes jumps to a corner, then another, and then does a swinging kick at his opponent's face, which knocks down his opponent with one-hit. To avoid this, players must use the duck button to duck and dodge Dragon Chan's kick.
Super Punch-Out!! (1994)Edit
|Rated at||130 lbs. (59 kg)|
|Rank||#2 Major Circuit|
In the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!, he wears dark blue pants instead of white. His swinging kick is slightly faster than before. He also regains strength through meditation. He has two types of punches: normal jabs and slap punches to the body. If you counter the slap punch with a jab to the face, he will be stunned. His coach refuses to speak in English, instead speaking in Chinese. Sometimes Dragon Chan throws three kicks at his opponent, which don't cause one-hit knock downs to his opponent like his swinging kick does. He is a palette swap of Heike Kagero.
Super Punch-Out!! (SNES):
- "You will find yourself face down... when you wake up." (first match)
- "Same results every time. The world of fighting is a harsh one, isn't it?" (rematch)
- "When I woke up... It was me lying on the mat." (endgame)
- "気沈丹田法!" (Qì chén dāntián fǎ!, something along the lines of "Focus your chi!") (Chan's corner man)
- "Ooh!" (when hit with a KO punch)
- "Huyiaw..." (when knocked down)
- Dragon Chan is the only fighter from the arcade version of Super Punch-Out!! who did not appear on the Wii version.
- He and Heike Kagero are the only pallete swaps which don't share voices at all.
- Dragon's theme is based on the theme for Big Trouble in Little China.
- Dragon’s theme for his arcade appearance however, is based on the theme for Bruce Lee’s Enter The Dragon.
- In addition, his name and appearance are more than likely based on Hong Kong martial artist, actor, film director, producer, stuntman, and singer Jackie Chan.
|Punch-Out!! (1984)||Glass Joe · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Kid Quick · Pizza Pasta · Mr. Sandman|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1985)||Bear Hugger · Dragon Chan · Vodka Drunkenski · Great Tiger · Super Macho Man|
|Punch-Out!! (1987)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Piston Honda · Don Flamenco · King Hippo · Great Tiger · Bald Bull · Soda Popinski · Mr. Sandman · Super Macho Man · Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1994)||Little Mac · Gabby Jay · Bear Hugger · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Bob Charlie · Dragon Chan · Masked Muscle · Mr. Sandman · Aran Ryan · Heike Kagero · Mad Clown · Super Macho Man · Narcis Prince · Hoy Quarlow · Rick Bruiser · Nick Bruiser|
|Punch-Out!! (2009)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Disco Kid · King Hippo · Piston Hondo · Bear Hugger · Great Tiger · Don Flamenco · Aran Ryan · Soda Popinski · Bald Bull · Super Macho Man · Mr. Sandman · Donkey Kong|