In the Punch-Out!! series, the referee's main job is to initiate the fight between the two boxers, and to begin counting when one of the boxers falls down. They will also declare who the winner is, either by knockout, technical knockout, or a split decision.
In the Wii game, the referee is more clearly seen than ever. He has a small mustache and is very considerate when he's deciding the winner. He also has trouble with controlling some of Mac's opponents who want to fight immediately. In fact, Aran Ryan, Bald Bull, and Super Macho Man actually attack the referee. He is also speculated to be the same referee from the arcade games.
Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out (Arcade) Edit
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!
- "Great playing! You're an up-and-coming boxer!" (When the challenger wins a match against someone other than Mr. Sandman or Super Macho Man.)
- "Ladies and gentlemen! This is the main event! Introducing in the left corner, the champion of the world, Mr. Sandman!" (Introduction to Mr. Sandman)
- "He's down for the count!" (When an opponent gets knocked out.)
- "Ladies and gentlemen, we got a new champion!" (After defeating Mr. Sandman or Super Macho Man.)
- "Ladies and gentlemen! Super Macho Man!" (Introduction to Super Macho Man.)
Punch-Out (Wii) Edit
- "Come on, come on. Fight!"
- "Let's go. Fight!"
- "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, NINE, TEN! Knockout!"
- "TKO!" (when activating a special KO animation on an opponent's third KD)
- "It's over, it's over. TKO!" (when the opponent falls normally on their third KD)