|Rated at||210 lbs. (95 kg)|
|First appearance||Super Punch-Out!! (February 1994)|
|Rank||#1 Special Circuit|
Rick Bruiser (リック・ブルーザー Rikku Burūzā) is the secondary antagonist in the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!! as the third boxer in the Special Circuit. He is the younger Bruiser brother, as he's possibly in his early 20's but no less monstrous in appearance. His only loss came at the hands of his twin brother, Nick Bruiser, in which both brothers were made to fight as there can only be one champion. The game guide stated that for this one defeat he is very ashamed and will take out his aggression on any contenders that cross his path, contrasting with the good-natured persona he shows in the game. In the game itself, however, Rick Bruiser claims he let his brother win.
Super Punch-Out!! (1994)
In the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!, he usually tries to counter-punch and sometimes jumps in the air while throwing a powerful punch. This attack is called 'Earthquaker' which he jumps to the center of the ring, then he jumps and shakes the ring where the player can't move, then he throws a uppercut that will instantly knock down the player. He is nearly identical to his older brother, Nick, with the exception that he is slightly more pale, talks a lot more, is slightly less difficult and uses a southpaw stance instead of his brother's orthodox stance. He also smiles and wears an earring. He's one of the strongest opponents in the game and has very high defense.
As per the unified rules of boxing established by the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combat Sports:
- His age and place of origin are unknown, meaning he most likely did not attend the compulsory weigh-in, nor did he acquire a legitimate US boxing license.
- Rick Bruiser wears earrings during his fight. For the boxer's safety, these are banned, and must be removed before the fight.
- He uses elbow bashes in the ring, which is heavily illegal as it is not a move performed with the clenched fist.
- His first match quote states that he let Nick win their fight. Assuming this is not simply Rick talking tough, he threw the fight which is not only illegal, but it is also seen as disrespectful.
- "My brother may be Champ, but only 'cause I let him win. Really I am the best!" (first match)
- "Having a rough day, buddy? I'll tell my brother that you said "Hi."" (rematch)
- "I'm OK, but Nick is just sick about his loss." (endgame)
- "Eegh!" (when hit with a KO Punch)
- "Yargh!" (when knocked down)
- "Heh heh heh heh heh!" (When the player loses)
- He and Bear Hugger are the only boxers in Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) to use a southpaw stance.
- His first match quote may be true, since Nick is the only one of the Bruiser twins that can be defeated via K.O.